- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes, twice a day using a toothpaste containing fluoride.
- Brush the inner surfaces of your teeth to remove more plaque.
- Help freshen your breath by brushing your tongue to remove bacteria.
- Floss between your teeth once a day to remove plaque in areas where toothbrush cannot reach. Un-removed plaque will harden into tartar, which can only be removed with a professional cleaning.
- Worn bristles are ineffective so replace your brush at least every 3 months.
- Maintain a nutritious diet – eat healthy foods and drink more water and fewer sugary sodas and in between meals snacks
- Schedule regular dental visits.